A&S Engineers, Inc.
James R. Ainsworth, P.E.
James (Jim) Ainsworth, Principal of A&S Engineers, Inc. has over 40 years of professional engineering experience in water distribution systems, highways, roadways, airports, facilities, grading and paving. He has managed civil engineering and related projects for governmental and developer clients including feasibility and conceptual studies, master plans, preliminary and final engineering design, preparation of bid packages, bid processes and award of contracts, construction phase services, and operations startup. Additionally, he serves as the firm’s client liaison, coordinates engineering with other project elements, assists with conformance to regulatory requirements and serves as engineer for multiple districts.
Mr. Ainsworth is highly experienced and proficient in the interpretation of rules, regulations, permitting requirements of Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ), USEPA, Corps of Engineers, and other regulatory bodies. He has extensive experience relating Texas Water Development Board requirements for loan application approvals, release of funds, and approval of contract packages. Jim also plays an active role in project coordination throughout the duration of the construction process.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- MSCE, University of Texas at Arlington, 1980
- BSCE, University of Arkansas, 1974
- Professional Engineer
Texas No. 53847
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Life Member)
- Houston Council of Engineering Companies
- Texas Council of Engineering Companies
- Association of Water Board Directors
- American Water Works Association
- Water Environment Federation
- Water Environment Association of Texas
- 40-Hour Hazardous Materials Training (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120) on Personal Protection & Safety for Hazardous Materials Operations – 1993
- Certificate of Training National Highway Institute, Inspection of Fracture Critical Bridge Members – 1987